Aims:This course is specifically designed for all healthcare professionals involved in the provision of emergency cardiac care including those working in pre- hospital and in-hospital settings. All intending participants must hold a current BLS-HCP certificate.
- Basic and Advanced Airway modules
- Foreign Body Airway Obstruction in victims of all ages and Respiratory emergencies • Medications in ACLS
- Coronary Artery Disease.
- Signs, Symptoms and management of Tachycardia & Bradycardia
- Electrical Cardioversion and Pacing
- Practice and assessment scenarios.
- Demonstration of current pre-hospital care.
- To provide information about Coronary Syndromes , heart and lung function, risk factors, signs and symptoms for action, prudent life choices, the chain of survival, and the warning signs and risk factors for stroke.
- To instruct participants in the role of Team Leader during a Code.
Course Aimed at (but not limited to):
- Healthcare Support Workers.
- Cardiac Technicians & Cardiac Rehabilitation staff
- General Practitioners
- Junior Doctors
- Clinical Nurse Managers
- Paramedic and Ambulance Personnel
The Course is delivered in accordance with the American Heart Association and the Irish Heart Foundation guidelines. An ACLS provider course completion card will be issued, valid for 2 years.